configuration / c-one
Six individual parts but coherent as Configuration 1. Juxtaposition: three fiber sculptures vs three digital images. Within the digital images, there is a spread of techniques: generative, freehand, and pseudo-generative. However, at the macroscopic level an exploration of hybridity, mimicry, and the third space
The components are:
(1) Fiber Sculpture 11 — viscose raffia and wool on canvas, 30.5 × 50.0 × 3.0 cm. An industrial strand mimics nature. A natural fiber strand is spun with industrial precision. Two materials woven together form a pair of distinct color fields. Physical tension, visual harmony.
(2) A Generative Bisection [#57492-23373] — Digital print, 30 × 50 cm. Two spaces, each exactly half the pictorial plane. Random, but controlled. Divided, but harmonious.
(3) Vibrating Boundaries — Digital print, 30 × 50 cm. Two pure colors pulse into the third space. An exploration of vibrating boundaries.
(4) Sequent 8 — Digital print, 61 × 59.5 cm. Threads that exist in a digital space, inspired by the interaction of their counterparts in the physical world.
(5) Fiber Sculpture 15 — viscose raffia and handspan fiber on canvas , 24.0 × 18.0 × 3.0 cm. Two fibers juxtaposed: one industrial, the other handspun. The intersection of color and matter, line and angle. A world of physical tension and equilibrium.
(6) Fiber Sculpture 17 — viscose raffia and handspan fiber on canvas, 24.0 × 18.0 × 3.0 cm. Two fibers, one industrial, the other handspun. An orthogonal configuration of physical and visual relativity.
This was shown in 2016 at the Interim Display within the Camberwell MA Final Show.